Brew delicious organic kombucha tea at home!
- Make delicious probiotic-rich kombucha tea
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan
- Reusable culture; transfer the culture from batch to batch
- With proper care, the culture can be used indefinitely to create delicious fermented tea
- Easy to make; can be flavored a variety of ways
A kombucha starter culture (a.k.a. kombucha scoby, mushroom, mother) consists of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. When combined with brewed tea, sugar, and water and allowed to ferment for 7 to 30 days, the resulting kombucha tea beverage has a slightly carbonated zing and is packed full of B vitamins. Each kombucha culture comes with 10 pH strips to assist with brewing the first few batches.
Save money! Commercially available kombucha tea generally sells for $3+ for a 16-ounce bottle. Using our kombucha starter culture, you can brew kombucha tea for $2 a gallon or less! With proper care, the kombucha scoby can be used over and over to brew a refreshing, vitamin-filled kombucha tea.
Ingredients: Organic sugar, organic black tea.
Kombucha scobys are manufactured in a facility that also processes dairy, soy, wheat, nut, and fish products. Kombucha scobys are culture (no animal products).